Claims Property Damage Intern
PT Claims Intern - Property Damage
Job LocationHeadquarters - Baltimore, MD
Education LevelHigh School
Salary Range$15.00 Hourly
Job CategoriesAdmin - Clerical
Description and Requirement
Maryland Auto Insurance seeks candidates to fill part time, contractual roles in our Claims Internship Program. This is a part time position with a maximum of 30 hours per week for 10 weeks during the summer. This position maybe virtual.
The Claims Intern supports the Property Damage Claims staff.
Job duties include:
- Prints documents from the MVA system into our Imageright system. Document coverage template into the Claims system chronology.
- Orders police report from our vendor.
- Issues letters that are established in the Claims system.
- Make contact on 1st party claims and or clear liability claims.
- Set up Damage Assessment Center and or field assignments.
- Organize and label demands. Update the settlement sheet and send the claim for bill audit and or nurse review.
- Run ISO on involved parties.
- Import files and or photos into Imageright.
- Send medical authorization to claimant(s), send completed medical authorization to medical providers.
- Import expense bills into Imageright and task the claim adjuster to issue payment.
- May take first notice of loss statements.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will be effective communicators and have an ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues, other industry-related professionals and the public. Applicants should also be highly adaptable to changes in procedures and guidelines.
This position does not supervise other employees. This is a part-time, non-benefited position with the core work hours being 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flextime may be available with prior supervisory approval. This position may be virtual.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office.
Interested applicants must submit an application through our careers site by the end of the day on Friday, May 28, 2021.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or federal law. Applicants who need an ADA Accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.