PT Actuarial Intern
Job LocationHeadquarters - Baltimore, MD
Education LevelHigh School
Salary Range$15.00 Hourly
Job CategoriesAdmin - Clerical
Description and Requirement
Maryland Auto Insurance seeks a motivated and organized candidate to fill a part time, contractual role in our Actuarial Internship Program. This is a part time position with a maximum of 30 hours per week for 10 weeks during the summer.
The Actuarial intern will be provided with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.The Actuarial Intern works under the direction of a Senior Actuarial Analyst, Associate Actuary or Consultant to compile and analyze data and upgrade actuarial models. Candidate will effectively communicate with project teams and multiple levels of management, with varying levels of technical understanding, to meet or exceed internal expectations.
Job duties include:
- Prepares datasets for independent analysis and for use by others
- Assists with estimation of unpaid claim liabilities, ratemaking analyses and evaluation of existing rate plans
- Conducts online insurance and product development research
- Analyzes data and communicates results to provide business intelligence to various levels of management
- Formats work correctly and professionally
- Reviews work to ensure accuracy
- Able to handle and process confidential information with complete discretion
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet Maryland Auto’s standards of excellence.
- Complies with the Casualty Actuarial Society’s Code of Professional Ethics for Candidates
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will be proficient with MS Excel and Word, have strong mathematical and technical skills as well as attention to detail. Programming knowledge in Visual Basic for Applications, SQL and other languages or data analysis tools is preferred. Candidates majoring in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related fields are highly encouraged to apply.
This position does not supervise other employees. This is a part-time, non-benefited position with the core work hours being 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flextime may be available with prior supervisory approval. This position maybe virtual.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office.
Interested applicants must submit an application through our careers site by the end of the day on Friday, May 28, 2021.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or federal law. Applicants who need an ADA Accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.