Business Development Representative (Sales Leads) - SportsEngine
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports company, is currently seeking bright, motivated professionals to join our fast-paced, high growth and passionate sales team as a Business Development Representative (BDR).
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of children through sports. They impact their lives by teaching them lifelong values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these children. To us, they are heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of heroes.
Our BDR team sets the pace for our sales team, is responsible for the first impression of SportsEngine to youth sport administrators, executes a high-volume, high-quality sales strategy, that results in handing off qualified prospects to the Sales Rep teams. If you have a passion for sales, technology, excellent communication skills, and a drive to succeed, we would love to talk to you about our BDR position.
- Engage and consult with sports administrators to help them identify meaningful ways to improve their organizations with SportsEngine software.
- Develop a deep understanding of the industry, sports administrators, our sales strategy, and leverage provided tech stack to execute high touch, high-quality activity cadence resulting in 80+ customer interactions daily.
- Create interest with customers directly via telephone and email learning about their challenges, position our products as solutions, and create new selling opportunities.
- Own your results. Unwavering personal daily effort standards so that coaching centers around goals, sales skills & career growth.
- Continue to gain advanced product and market knowledge to differentiate yourself and SportsEngine as both a technical and business fit.
- Build trusting relationships with Sales Representative to develop territory strategy and execution plan.
- Collaborate with the entire sales team to support assigned territory and facilitate the overall success of the team.
- Maintain accurate daily record of sales activity using Salesforce.com and sales engagement / automation platforms such as SalesLoft or Outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated passion for sales, learning, and growth
- Aptitude to engage with customers in a high energy environment with 80+ engagements each day
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- 1+ years experience in sales, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to accept coaching and feedback, as well as use feedback to pivot and grow
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment to effectively manage your time to yield sales within assigned territory
- Experience collaborating with and supporting colleagues, within sales and cross departmentally
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership thinking
- Previous customer service, support or client facing experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM (Strongly Preferred)
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding/experience with sales engagement platforms such as Tout, Outreach, or SalesLoft