2022 Summer Data Insights Analyst Internship
The Summer Data Insights Analyst is responsible for providing data driven insights in response to a variety of investment questions. This position reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and is part of a growing data team with responsibilities spanning from data sourcing and processing, to analytics.
In addition to providing insights on a tactical level, the Data Insights Analyst will help build bespoke machine learning models to enable processing (e.g., sentiment analysis, product classification) and prediction at scale. There will also be close collaboration with an established Field Research team that primarily focuses on qualitative research.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about continuous learning in a rapidly evolving data analytics space. Extreme intellectual curiosity and attention to detail, while being comfortable and flexible in a growing organization, are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.6 GPA from a competitive university
- Entrepreneurial track record, either from founding or being a member of a founding team
- Highly numeric and detail oriented, as well as skilled at creative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of continuous learning
- Demonstrated passion for data, although past experience not required
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Major plus, but not required:
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish, German or Italian, or native or bilingual fluency in French or Chinese
- Previous experience with surveys, from questionnaire development to analysis and reporting
- Previous experience with big data preparation (e.g., Alteryx) and visualization (e.g., Tableau) tools
- Programming experience, esp. Python
- Fit with Select Equity’s Core Principles (below)
- Originality: We generate our own ideas and never deploy common practice without skepticism. We strive to avoid the herd.
- Innate Curiosity: There are no dumb questions. We challenge universally accepted beliefs and seek new angles of understanding.
- Charity: We recognize our good fortune and give back to society in meaningful and thoughtful ways.
- Continuous Improvement: We always strive to improve our performance and measure ourselves absolutely, not relatively.
- Humility: We seek no acclaim individually or as a Firm other than earning the gratitude of our clients.
- Teamwork: We trust our colleagues and communicate with transparency and respect. Ours is a culture of giving credit, not seeking credit.