2022 Wells Fargo Summer Internship Program – Wells Fargo Commercial Capital
2022 Wells Fargo Summer Internship Program – Wells Fargo Commercial Capital
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our business lines are Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Middle Market Banking, and Treasury Management & Payment Solutions.
Commercial Capital, a division of Commercial Banking, is a market-leading provider of working capital, investment capital, trust services, and sales financing solutions that help customers optimize liquidity and grow their business through their lifecycle
· Capital Finance: Wells Fargo’s asset-based lending division of the bank offering senior secured financing to middle-market companies and large corporations. WFCF can underwrite loans that are outside the typical lending criteria of most traditional financing relationships, which allows us to provide greater credit availability and more flexibility for companies to pursue their goals.
· Distribution Finance: Provides specialized financing and servicing solutions to help facilitate the manufacturing, distribution, and sale of products across a variety of industries. DF has relationships with over 2,000 manufacturers and distributors and over 40,000 dealers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Asia, Australia, and Europe, providing industry expertise in areas such as powersports, marine, and recreational vehicles, outdoor lawn and garden, agriculture, and technology.
· Equipment Finance: One of the largest bank-owned equipment leasing and finance companies and largest railcar leasing company in North America. WFEF provides equipment financing and railcar-leasing solutions to companies in a broad spectrum of industries throughout the United States and across Canada.
· Global Receivables & Trade Finance: This division houses our International Trade Services, Supply Chain Finance, Key Accounts Purchase, Commercial Services, and Receivables Securitization businesses.
· Strategic Capital: Provides long term capital in the form of equity and/or debt to current and prospective business customers, commercial partners of Wells Fargo, as well as approved Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) funds. Wells Fargo Strategic Capital’s Merchant Banking team focuses primarily on private companies across a wide range of industries, providing creative financing solutions that fund growth and other capital needs.
· Renewable Energy & Environmental Finance: Provides project financing to sponsors of renewable energy (primarily wind and solar) projects with returns derived from tax credits, tax benefits, and cash flow.
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
The Summer Internship Program is designed to provide undergraduate students with an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of full-time Commercial Capital employees by participating in meaningful work. You will gain exposure to Wells Fargo’s operations, business strategies, and corporate culture by working in a Commercial Capital office with experienced employees.
The Summer Internship Program is approximately 10 weeks in length and is non-rotational. Offers are made for a specific office and group, based on candidate preference and business need.
During the summer, we focus on your training and development, so you’ll be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. You will gain insight into Wells Fargo’s corporate and credit culture, as well as opportunities for community involvement, networking, and analytical training in line of business-specific concepts along with:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a summer intern. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a high-performing full-time analyst, relationship manager, or business manager who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer.
- A virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience while you get to learn about trends in the financial services industry.
- Organized networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer interns and full-time analysts.
YOUR NEXT STEP
Summer interns who successfully complete the program are considered for the full-time Commercial Capital Analyst Program. A significant number of interns who work with us during the summer return to Wells Fargo full-time.
Interns who successfully complete the program, and have 3+ semesters of school remaining, are considered to return for the summer internship program the following year.
We have summer internship positions available nationwide including Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
For additional information about the Summer Internship Program and the various businesses of Wells Fargo, please visit: https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs
- Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in December 2022 or May/June 2023
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
In advance of our roles being posted September 17-21, visit our website wellsfargojobs.com and create a profile in our talent community. Select the category “College and Early Career” and area of interest “Development Programs”
This program will be accepting applications through the Wells Fargo Career site on September 17-21, 2021 ONLY. To search and apply for open positions in this program, please go to https://www.wellsfargo.com/careers/ and click on “Search Jobs” and search by Job ID: 5599312 and follow the instructions to complete your application.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.