2022 Wealth & Investment Management Summer Intern Program – Financial Advisor Roles
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
WIM University Programs seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional Sophomore* and Junior* undergraduate students to Wealth & Investment Management. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WIM.
The Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Intern Program is ideal for current undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on personal and professional development.
In the WIM Intern Program, participants will have the opportunity to understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time employee and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. Over the course of ten weeks, participants will gain exposure to senior leaders, participate in a community service project, and benefit from coaching and performance feedback sessions. WIM Interns will also participate in a virtual learning series and complete a cross-program group project with fellow interns across Wells Fargo University Programs.
*The WIM Intern Program offers two role placement opportunities: Cross-WIM roles (Juniors Only) and WIM Financial Advisor (FA) roles (Sophomores and Juniors). This job posting is for the program’s WIM Financial Advisor roles (Sophomores and Juniors). (Cross-WIM roles were posted separately in September 2021 under Job ID: 5588260 and applications are no longer being accepted.)
WIM Financial Advisor Roles (Sophomores and Juniors): Approximately 50 intern positions will be available nationally across our Wells Fargo Advisors landscape. The locations are determined by business need and participants will be hosted in Markets with other interns.
Available positions will be aligned with Wells Fargo Advisors Markets mentoring under Market Leaders and Financial Advisor teams. In these roles, program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry through hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and beyond in a client-facing environment.
- Interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, direct team members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal employees as needed and appropriate.
- Understand processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solve problems independently.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes, and techniques.
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
- 1+ month professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- *Prefer an undergraduate degree with a graduation date of December 2022-June 2024
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
- Full-time schedule, 10-weeks (non-rotational). Program Dates: June 6, 2022-August 12, 2022.
- The WIM Intern Program offers 50 opportunities across Wells Fargo Advisor Market locations, which are determined by business needed. Past intern placements have included: Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Orange County, CA; Seattle, WA; St. Louis, MO; and Washington D.C. Applicants are encouraged to be open to relocation for the summer, for which a small stipend is provided.
How to Apply
The WIM Intern Program will be accepting applications through the Wells Fargo Career website on November 4-8, 2021 ONLY.
- To search and apply for open positions in this program, please go to https://www.wellsfargo.com/careers/ and click on “Search Jobs”.
- Search by Job ID # 5588268 and follow the instructions to complete your application.
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed may not receive a response
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.