WarnerMedia Studios Edit Trainee (T3) - Remote Opportunity
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, and others.
See what it's like to work at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermediagroup.com/
We are WarnerMedia Studios – an in-house production and post-production facility focused on next generation content creation. We are designed to support and promote the WarnerMedia brands by bringing the creative ideas to life. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative, and innovative artists, we work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia. Whether it is a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative, or a corporate communications tool, WarnerMedia Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate, and create.
The editorial department within WarnerMedia Studios works closely with the sound design and design/visual effects departments to create compelling, creative, and dynamic pieces including promotional campaigns, programming elements, and shows. The artists create pieces for on-air, streaming, and social content as well as internal and corporate presentations.
For more on who we are and what we do, check out this virtual tour: https://f.io/ivh8uyR8
An Edit T3 Trainee is an entry level position within WarnerMedia Studios where individuals are immersed into the world of editing and lay the foundation for a career in post-production. Edit T3s are selected to receive an 11 to 16-month hands-on learning experience while working with some of the best editors in the industry and WarnerMedia’s leading brands. This position is designed for recent college graduates who have a passion for post-production, storytelling, and is committed to creating engaging content for millions of fans. The job focuses on attaining the fundamental understanding and skills needed for excellent editorial support, which includes preparing media for edit sessions, working directly with editors and producers to process show footage and requests, and delivering media for air and digital.
As an Edit T3, you will provide editorial support by:
- Coordinating and carrying out Post-Production Traffic requests – preparing screeners for talent and producers, tracking and delivering media for sessions, and creating show Edit Masters
- Organizing, transcoding, and transferring media
- Preparing projects for editors’ sessions (i.e., gathering, organizing, and importing media)
- Processing show dailies by creating story flows and select sequences
- Pulling selects for dailies, show episodes, and films based on IDs, BROLL, sound bites, and specific requests from the edit staff and partners
- Creating clips and compilation reels for various social platforms
- Preparing projects for finishing, delivery, and archive
- QCing and delivering media to specific drop locations for air and digital
- Having the opportunity to cut content for partners such as Cartoon Network, tbs, TNT, truTV, TCM, Sports, HBOMax, and more!
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must be no more than 2 years post-graduation from an accredited university
- Demo reel submitted with your resume that showcases your editing skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and familiar with After Effects
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
- Knowledge and great appreciation of the WarnerMedia brands
- Great customer service skills, strong communicator – both written and verbal, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to reach out to others in order to learn and incorporate feedback from peers, managers, and producers
- Ability to recognize opportunities to contribute to the team
- Motivation and readiness to take initiative to shape this opportunity into the best experience for you
- This position is based in Atlanta, GA; however, due to COVID-19, employees are working remotely.
- Once the 11 to 16-month contract concludes, there is no guaranteed promotion.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
- This role is a full-time/benefits eligible role
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.