About the Role
As a Senior Accountant at Brightidea you will play a key role in helping us shape the future of the finance team. You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our organization as well as provide technical accounting expertise across our finance team by assisting with various strategic projects. We are looking for a passionate individual motivated to make a direct impact at a growing company.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and reports to our VP of Finance. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, big 4 accounting firm audit experience and a strong understanding of US GAAP.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the monthly close and reporting process including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting in the general ledger system
- Own Procurement and Payroll Process
- Perform monthly financial statement fluctuation analysis for management reporting
- Work cross-functionally with business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting and accounting activities
- Perform technical accounting research and draft memos to document accounting treatments for complex transactions
- Serve as the key contact for the auditors and address various audit requests
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Perform special projects and analyses as directed by management (eg. ASC 606 implementation, International projects, cost benefit and ROI analysis), ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and other accounting duties as assigned
- Seek to continuously improve current process and procedures
What You Need to Succeed:
- 8+ years accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Deep connection with the mission
- Experience with a fast growing SaaS company is a plus
- Previous auditing experience with a Big 4 accounting firm is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude and ability to multi-task while performing a variety of complex tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Helping large companies innovate isn’t easy, but it is vital. Vital to creating new jobs, vital to igniting growth, vital to ensuring a safe, healthy and prosperous future for billions around the globe.
But, innovation at large companies is a mess. Employees often have lots of ideas to improve the business, but, with no formal process, their ideas go unheard, and they eventually give up trying to make a difference. Corporate innovation teams are expected to support a growing list of activities but have historically lacked strong tools designed for the job. Executives, despite having millions to invest, live in fear of disruption, and still have no idea where their “next big idea” will come from, or if it will come at all.
At Brightidea, we’ve built a software platform that’s solving these problems. We’ve been helping organizations be more efficient with the 1.5 trillion dollars invested in R&D annually.
Our Company & Culture
We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial minded team of self-starters who show up every day with a singular mission: to create a world where the best ideas win. Our primary focus this year is to continue to add exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to the Brightidea team. We are ambitious, bold, highly-collaborative, focused, and we aim to win. We take a humble approach to changing the way corporate teams run innovation challenges.
Anyone joining our company will have the opportunity to shape the culture and be an integral part of setting it up for long term success. If you identify with being humble, T-shaped, and relentlessly resourceful then this could be the perfect team for you to shine in.
Brightidea believes that everyone has the ability to make a difference and that a diverse team generates more innovation and bigger ideas. Just as our product invites organizations to crowd source innovation across their workforce, Brightidea is inclusive and does not discriminate. We accept everybody.