As an emerging influence in the music, lifestyle, and art scene, The Nuance Magazine ignites conversations and helps to create the future of culture. Across the digital landscape, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our past editorial features prominent and respected properties including Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, HITCO, and more.
Nuance is looking for a creative, video-intuitive intern that has a passion for shooting and editing video in the realms of art, music, and fashion. Applicants are encouraged to think about the intersection of our three main topics of music, lifestyle, and art.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Creative Director to shoot and edit pieces of content
- Take creative risks to visually enhance our videos with strong edits and intros
- Edit interviews with artists
- Shoot/edit studio performances
- Contribute across social media channels to create social media cutdowns to be posted on tiktok and instagram
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
What you'll bring:
- Examples of either personal video work or school video work that can relate to music, interviews, or promos
- Attention to detail
- Promising creative ability
- Willingness to experiment, learn, and grow creatively
- Great time management skills
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- The right candidate must be able to work 10-15 hours a week
- Assisting with projects and taking videos to the next level
- Managing a full project workload and effectively meeting deadlines
- An undergraduate student who is majoring in Video or a related field Interested in pursuing an unpaid internship
- Adobe Creative Cloud and other video software experience 1
- 0-15 hours a week for 12 weeks ( this time commitment will not be consistent, but maybe increase closer to date publication)
- Ability to quickly complete tasks, even on short notice
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in video, or communications with a focus in visual work
This is an unpaid internship intended for participants seeking class credit. For questions related to the job please call: 931-636-1787.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
About working at Nuance Magazine: You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun - and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We work daily to provide tasteful new additions to the world, from lifestyle and culture to music and photography. We are a group of trendsetters who identify the next wave of influential creatives. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to find out why. Nuance is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.