Animal Programs-Conservation Education Presenter Intern, Spring 2022
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
As a Conservation Education Presenter at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you will inspire future generations to take action to care for our planet. As a part of a high-energy, fast-paced front-line team you will engage with Guests of all ages as they discover the magic of nature.
On a typical day you will…
- Actively invite Guests to connect with animals and conservation topics at Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader locations and select animal habitats throughout the park
- Share information about animals and the natural world using fun and engaging storytelling techniques
- Empower thousands of Guests to positively impact wildlife and take conservation action
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role
Please apply if you have…
- Personal passion for conservation and wildlife, as well as a passion for sharing insight and knowledge of wildlife conservation with others
- Strong interpersonal skills including the desire to interact with children and families from all over the world
- Experience or interest in teaching or presenting in a formal or informal learning environment
- Ability to work as part of a diverse, high performing team in a feedback-rich environment
- Ability to regularly work weekends and holidays, outdoors for 8+ hours per day, and in all weather conditions including extreme heat and rain
It would be great if you have…
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a zoo, aquarium, museum, state park, or nature center, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated conservation and environmental knowledge
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or recent college graduate
- Life or Environmental Sciences, Environmental Policy, Biology, Zoology, Education, Recreation, Communications or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 - June 2022. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.