The Coca-Cola Company. Our vision is loved brands, done sustainably, for a better shared future. We strive to provide cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation and design and marketing. As the Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible to provide competent and effective maintenance support to plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program, and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Technician must identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems (mechanical, electrical, etc.). The Maintenance Technician must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components, and perform other tasks, as required. Preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems is also required.
Job Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Install, repair, and service machinery and equipment support systems
- Identify and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Maintain production lines by performing predictive and preventive maintenance tasks
- Prior Welding experience (preferred)
- Mechanical, Electrical, Lubrication and Fabrication knowledge
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic, PLC controls knowledge
- Safe and proper usage of hand and power tools
- Able to read diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Able to use test equipment (multimeter, etc.)
- Operate equipment through program controls
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Comply with all Coca-Cola Quality System Procedures
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms
- Operate and perform inspections on forklifts
- Fill in on any line, as required
- Understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions
- Demonstrate good attendance
- Work extended hours, weekends and holidays, as required
- Able to handle material weighing up to 50 lbs to distances 10 feet or more, floor to waist
- Able to push and pull force of 80lbs
- Able to squat, kneel, and bend over at the waist
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods in temperature extremes on a daily basis up to 12 hrs.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned, to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes, and work environment
- Education – Associates or technical degree (preferred)
- Related Work Experience – 3+ years’ experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance
- Prior diagnostic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance experience
- Previous experience in a high-speed industrial work environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow manufacturer’s specifications and direction
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Required to supply own hand tools
The Coca-Cola Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.