Occupational Safety & Industrial Hygiene Internships, Spring 2022
"We create happiness." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Worldwide Safety team, you will partner and interact with various departments on the coordination of cast and guest safety. Provide support to Manager and team and assist with the completion of a variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in safety, health and sanitation/food safety audits, report findings, assist in development of corrective action plans
- Conduct field surveys such as indoor air quality, noise dosimetry, ventilation surveys, etc., report out on findings, develop and follow up on mitigations
- Develop JSA’s to determine site-specific safety requirements such as engineering controls, equipment specifications, machine guarding requirements, personal protective equipment, training, and other controls
- Attend and assist with leading safety and wellness committee meetings
- Attend and assist with development of safety and wellness educational offerings
- Assist with incident investigations, developing mitigations, and evaluating/following up
- Evaluating incident and near miss trend data and making recommendations for and developing mitigation strategies
- Attend design review meetings and provide feedback on safety and health requirements
- Assisting with special projects
- Assist in maintaining documentation
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Role:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Comfortable functioning in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university majoring in Safety, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene or related major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: no rounding.)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 - June 2022. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
·We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is September 22, 2021.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcrip