Analyst, Family Office Advisory
ICONIQ Capital is a privately held investment firm that serves some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We are a trusted advisor and thought partner, facilitating meaningful strategic relationships across investment opportunities, family governance and global impact. With over 260 people across San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, and Singapore, ICONIQ provides financial advisory and family office services, and manages direct investments, with a focus on technology growth equity, venture capital, and real estate.
OPEN POSITION: ANALYST, FAMILY OFFICE ADVISORY
The Family Office Advisory is a key member of the Family Office Client Coverage team, focused on delivering the highest level of service to clients in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Family Office Advisory Analyst assists with driving client satisfaction by addressing client needs and goals with best in class solutions across lifestyle management, investments support, insurance, legal, tax, and wealth planning. The Family Office Advisory Analyst also serves as a liaison to third-party vendors including insurance brokers, attorneys, tax advisors, security providers, and concierge companies to help drive core projects to completion on behalf of clients.
- Under the supervision of the Family Office Advisory Associate or other senior Family Office Advisory Team members, provide high touch, proactive support in delivering solutions for all aspects of client relationships, including lifestyle services, wealth strategy, and investments support.
- Assist with the timely communication and execution of legal and tax strategies, including preparation of documentation related to wealth transfer strategies, tax planning and payments, asset protection and insurance, and philanthropic initiatives, with a focus on a high-touch, seamless experience for the client.
- Adapt personal communication style to meet the needs and concerns of different audiences, both internally and externally.
- Deliver accurate, timely work product and document preparation with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Execute and achieve results on bespoke client requests, including unique or one-off projects in collaboration with or under the direction of other team members.
- Develop basic working advisory knowledge of trusts, such as Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Delaware Trusts, and Limited Liability Companies. Assist with other estate planning strategies such as gifting, promissory notes, wills, and pre-nuptial agreements.
- Partner with internal teams to execute new client onboarding and account transfers and drive tactical account updates & maintenance tasks.
- Manage cash balances daily, as well as provide private banking support across all accounts.
- Collaborate with Client Treasury team members to process bill pay, investment funding, tax payments and all cash disbursement requests.
- Partner with internal teams to complete investment documents, including subscription documents, purchase agreements and investor support documentation.
- Partner with internal teams such as Investments, Investment Operations, Client Operations, and Family Office Human Resources, to coordinate client service processes and results.
- Embody ICONIQ’s entrepreneurial spirit through active participation in cross-functional firm initiatives in support of the business.
Documentation & Reporting
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records in CRM and other firm systems at all times, including project tracking and reporting, with a rigorous focus on data integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactively and independently solve problems while exercising sound judgment
- Demonstrated passion in high-touch client service and the utmost adherence to confidentiality
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and a strong aptitude for learning
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
COMPENSATION is highly competitive to top financial services firms.
LOCATION: San Francisco
Please submit your resume and a cover letter* through your campus job portal.
*In your cover letter, please include why you are interested, what it is about client service that interests you, and identify the line on your resume that brings you the most pride and/or best exhibits your passion.