Valuation Intern - July 2022
Focus. Clarity. Commitment.
At HCVT, we are different. We are a team driven by our values—Integrity at our Core, Building Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Our focus and commitment are on the needs of our clients and our team. Clarifying and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what sets us apart from other CPA firms.
As part of the HCVT team, you will work in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is all about collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and partner access and accountability. We also believe that there is no one way to progress in your career. We are flexible and embrace diversity. We provide our team members the right tools to be successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting.
HCVT’s Valuation Advisory Services team provides valuation opinions for a variety of purposes, including: tax compliance, financial (GAAP) reporting, transaction opinions, and buy-sell agreements. In addition, our advisory services assist clients in the M&A process, including evaluating and/or preparing offers, negotiating the financial aspects of a term sheet, and evaluating potential synergies. We combine our accounting and finance acumen with sophisticated valuation methodologies and analyses.
As an Intern in our Valuation Advisory Services group, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in developing an automated valuation model (e.g. Zillow value) using financial data, statistical techniques, and other publicly-available non-financial data
- Work collaboratively with junior and senior members of the team to develop a next-generation valuation model
- Work with our data analytics team to streamline and/or automate importing client data
- Create linkages between excel models and PowerPoint-based reports using 3rd party software tools
- Assist in the completion of valuation engagements and client deliverables (including company research, analyses, written reports, etc.)
- Collect and analyze M&A data for research articles/whitepapers
- Develop strong relationships with firm professionals
- Participate in firm training and activities
- Work with your buddy and performance manager on professional development of both technical and soft skills
To be successful, these are the skills, qualities and experience you will need:
- On track to complete a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in finance, engineering or accounting by July 2023
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and in accounting & finance
- Competency in programming and statistics
- Understanding of the 3 main valuation methods, corporate finance, and theory
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and is a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
How to Apply:
- Apply on Lever - https://jobs.lever.co/hcvt
- Select the office and start date you’re most interested in and submit an application
- Required documents – Resume, Unofficial Transcripts, Cover Letter
*Note – HCVT is unable to sponsor the work authorization of candidates.
Connect with us:
The ordinance requires employers to state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.