Intern, Communications and Administrative Support - French Speaker
POSITION TITLE: Intern, Communications and Administrative Support - French Speaker
TEAM: Forestry and Natural Resource Management
LOCATION: Remote, within the USA
Winrock International is seeking a Communications and Administrative Support Intern for the USAID Feed the Future Dekkal Geej (Reviving the Seas) project. Dekkal Geej (DG) is working with local and national governing institutions, civil society actors, and the private sector to improve the sustainability of Senegal’s fisheries sector by improving management practices while addressing the increasing domestic and international demand for fish, to improve food security, increase incomes and strengthen resilience.
The Intern will gain valuable experience in communications related to fisheries management and will collaborate closely with staff from across Winrock’s programs (including technical, operations, communications teams) as well as local stakeholders and partners in Senegal. The Intern will support project research, communications, and administrative tasks as needed and report to the DG home office project manager.
This is a part-time, paid position (16 hours/week) from September 2021 to March 2022 with a possibility for an extension.
- Communications Support: for example, taking raw and partially analyzed survey data from the field and drafting concise, comprehensive reports in English; preparing draft PowerPoint presentations based on the survey report recommendations aimed at local stakeholder audiences; preparing a policy brief on the survey findings.
- Develops literature reviews, collects relevant case studies, and contributes to DG white papers, blogs, social media activities, and other communications materials
- Admin Support – Provides administrative support such as editing reports and coordinating meetings
- After review of USAID reporting styles and requirements, supporting reports for USAID by assisting in drafting articles, newsletters, reports, success stories, plans
- After review of the DG teams communication approach (including the newsletter (PdJ) and the Infoline), work with the team on a communication strategy and approach.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Currently enrolled upper-class undergraduate or graduate students seeking degrees in a relevant field.
- Fluency in English and French required
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills required
- Strong analytical and research skills, demonstrated resourcefulness, and ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Proficiency in software supported by Winrock (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Please include a cover letter and a writing sample with your resume.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
About the Organization:
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit disadvantaged populations of the world.