We believe the outdoors is for everyone. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Our Sales Lead will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You are the face of the company and interact with REI Members and Customers every day. You are looked up to as a bank of knowledge on all outdoor equipment and services. If you want to talk, live, and breathe the outdoors then the Sales Lead position is a great position for you! REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
- Drives sales through all channels by improving selling behaviors. Capitalizes on all promotional events through successful event execution
- Demonstrates strong interest and credible expertise in our product assortment; translates this knowledge into value for our customers. Guides Retail Sales Specialists to do the same
- Passionately promotes REI’s membership and effectively converts non-members to members. Helps guide Retail Sales Specialists to do the same
- Prepares the store: effectively stocks and coordinates daily stocking process, actively handles merchandise, executes visual directions, and ensures a compelling presentation. Partners with Visual Merchandising Point Person (VMPP) to ensure visual pleasant presentation
- Adapts presentation based on changing inventory levels, new products, promotions, and market conditions (weather, events, etc.)
- Identifies areas of opportunity and acts on them as it relates to inventory accuracy, price accuracy, and product stock levels
- Delivers inspirational experiences for our members and customers through effective promotion of outdoor programs and outreach
- Trains and mentors new staff, provides direction to peers as necessary, coordinates service delivery, and task execution
- Shares feedback with Retail Sales Managers regarding staffing and scheduling needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and productivity and serves as a role model for Retail Sales Specialists
- Supports and partners with Retail Sales Managers through department communication of goals, daily expectations, task assignments, and feedback