Solutions Architect (ServiceNow)
The incumbent will be responsible for providing the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the designs for the main services of Hillsborough County BOCC's Information and Innovation Office ensuring the required business outcomes are delivered. All designs created should align to the architecture principles of ServiceNow and should be reusable, reliable and adaptive. Incumbent will work across IT and non-IT teams and will oversee all architectural components for the ServiceNow system and work on the most difficult issues extending the ServiceNow platform. The incumbent will consult with the platform owner and work with others on the team to help set strategic direction of the platform. The incumbent will assist a development team, including consultants.
· Graduation from an accredited four‐year degree granting college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field; AND
· Seven to ten years of work experience being responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise systems managing multiple, large, or cross‐functional project teams; OR
· An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job‐related competencies noted above.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
· Partners with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements. Develops and engineers’ solutions consistent with information systems architecture using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions based on customer requirements. Ensures that the design and application implementation meet security and quality assurance standards.
· Performs project management duties on complex global enterprise technology projects in accordance with established project methodology. Acts as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects. Communicates project updates to management. Provides project management mentoring for subordinate technical staff.
· Provides advanced technical debugging and troubleshooting for escalated complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise software systems and backup systems. Provides administrative and technical guidance and coaching and support for subordinate-level technical positions.
· Assists with incident resolution supporting the Customer Service Module. Develop enhancements, takes ownership of complex business requirements and work them to completion and conducts service reviews to identify potential performance improvements. Work with user interface policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules, client scripts and ACL's and will create and configure notifications, UI pages and UI macros as well as manage data with tables, the CMDB, import sets and update sets.
· Reviews and monitors performance and perform capacity planning of enterprise infrastructure systems and develops management recommendations for the implementation of enhancements to the enterprise architecture. Recommends innovative solutions to reduce operational costs, improve client productivity and enhance the efficiency and reliability of the enterprise structure.
· Provides architectural design, production support and assists with technical strategy for the ServiceNow implementation. Will design, build and configure applications, modules and services on the now platform and will assist others in doing so. Working across the platform, this role will deliver new functionality and innovative solutions understanding and supporting the development life cycle.
· Acts as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems and reporting tools. Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems. Creates standardized reporting tools and dashboards as required. Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation. Works closely with customers to develop and maintain critical business reports.
· Assists management in the planning, designing, configuring, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining the solutions for the projects implemented on the Now platform to meet business needs and strategic objectives. Will provide subject matter expertise for ServiceNow and ITIL recommending and designing solutions to be implemented on the Now platform including installation of new modules as well as helping improve and streamline existing capabilities and applications.
· Maintains technical skills by attending training and conferences as required to maintain proficiency.
· Other duties as assigned.