Internal Audit Specialist
Next Insurance is a startup based in Silicon Valley and is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. Next has raised over $880 million from top tier investors and is the valley’s latest unicorn, valued at over $4 billion.
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are seeking a dedicated and driven person to join our internal audit team in Austin, Texas. As a team member, you will review customer financial documents to determine audit exposure, follow audit guidelines, and apply state-specific standards. You will help minimize our clients’ stress and deliver fast and efficient service while upholding Next’s phenomenal customer service. We are passionate about making the lives of small business owners easier.
What You’ll Do:
- Research specific business activities, background, and ownership to classify and complete 'virtual' audits
- Professionally communicate audit documentation requests, including handling inbound/outbound phone calls and scheduling follow-up calls as appropriate
- Provide outstanding customer service by answering all customer questions and concerns through the audit process via phone and email channels
- Exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision making skills to determine appropriate actions based on audit findings
- Meet or exceed goals on assigned work within established company standards for quality and production
- Collaborate with Team Lead in association with Risk, Data Science, and Insurance Product teams to track audit results and improve the audit process and insurance product
What We Need:
- BA/BS degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis
- Superior analytical skills
- At least 1-year experience in data entry