Accounts Receivable Representative
As one of the fastest-growing logistics service companies, NTG is all about excellence, integrity, and teamwork. Our service is top-notch because we have developed a high-energy, team-driven mentality across the organization that is committed to servicing our customers, shippers and carriers alike, in an ever-evolving supply chain. We are looking for your expertise and knowledge to join our NTG team!
As an Accounts Receivable Representative, you will focus on customer-based accounting responsibilities with the ability to handle customer credit in accordance with Company procedures and core values.
- Utilize multifarious portals and systems to optimize processing and automate where possible
- Prioritize and maintain assigned accounts
- Navigate account portals for payment inquiries
- Provide financial reporting to meet customer expectations and deadlines
- Identify problems when looking at information to find trends, patterns, or missing pieces
- Maintain detailed documentation of events, i.e. conversations, discrepancies, contacts, portal SOP, etc
- Provide analytical and functional support to improve processes, collect payment, and build customer rapport
- Assist manager in formulation and implementation of procedures to assure timely receipt and accuracy of invoices, collecting past due balances, and applying payments
- Timely and effectively communicate with management regarding past due or problem accounts
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, emailing and filing
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of TMS, EDI, and customer portals (Syncada, Ryder, Cass, etc).
- Possess organizational skills in a detail-oriented setting
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to assess customer needs through relevant questioning during telephone contact
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Team player with ability to multi-task in a results-driven environment
NTG provides a competitive, comprehensive, performance-based compensation package for our full time employees:
- Competitive Benefit Package
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- 12 days of Paid Time Off, 3 sick days, 7 paid holidays
NTG is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.