Sr Associate - Special Project Core Operations/Controllers
Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.
What You Will Achieve
Your accounting skills will help in the analysis of financial information and preparing financial reports. You will maintain and oversee the accounts and financial records of the company. You will be responsible for preparing the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. You will update the journals, ledgers, and other records of financial business transactions. You will be responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. You will verify this data for accuracy and prepare reports and reviews based on it. You will also manage data entry activities in the accounting systems.
As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing critical deliverables. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will facilitate in explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of projects, manage own time to meet agreed targets, develop plans for activities on own projects.
- Maintain and complete task lists and prepare status updates as requested by management.
- Engage directly with customers and business partners on complex activities and deliverables.
- Prepare financial and accounting analysis completely and accurately.
- Prepare complex analysis for external accountants and corporate audit.
- Prepare complete and accurate standard operating procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley related internal control documentation.
- Support internal and external audit regarding audit management and issue remediation.
- Lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain and develop relationships with groups serviced by the team and within the team.
- Lead significant elements of the month end close process and perform local statutory analytical reviews.
- Provide support to the divisions and Controllers/Consolidations related to acquisitions or divestitures.
- Participate in special projects and other initiatives that are in addition to existing role and responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Related accounting experience, along with understanding of managing multi-national accounting operations
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, organizational skill, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and overall communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Public accounting experience
- Key Enterprise Resource Planning and Edge system experience
- Proficiency in Tableau and advanced system application and products
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements