2022 Investment Banking M&A Summer Analyst Program
Sawaya Partners' Summer Analyst Program gives individuals unparalleled exposure to Investment Banking in the Consumer Industry.
- Knowledge Base Development: A 10-week program to develop an initial understanding of consumer industry dynamics, client strategies, and business models.
- Training & Mentorship: ‘On-the-Job’ training which allows a self-starter to experience life at our firm while working on a variety of corporate transactions and taking significant responsibility for the delivery of projects. Oversight provided by Analyst and Associate mentors.
- Exposure to M&A Execution: Working on a deal team with clients and outside professional advisors (consultants, lawyers, accountants) on acquisitions, divestitures, and special situations (Board advisory, takeover defense, fairness opinions).
This program is reserved for undergraduate students with an expected graduation date of May 2023.
A sample of your specific responsibilities include:
- Develop financial models and perform customized company valuation analyses
- Organize and prepare presentations which explain industry trends, assess client situations to provide appropriate advice, and recommend strategies to meet client goals
- Assist in the marketing and planning of engagements
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, and other marketing documents involved in sale transactions
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence and execute M&A transactions
- Build relationships with clients and professional advisors
To be strongly considered, you should possess the following:
- Undergraduate - Rising Junior (Class of 2023)
- All majors encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated excellence in academic coursework and leadership on campus
- Understanding of accounting and finance with knowledge of academic and applied investment banking methodologies
- Excellent mathematical, writing, interpersonal, communication and technical (computer) skills
- Ability to exercise judgment, prioritize tasks and work on multiple engagements simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and the highest quality work product
- High integrity and intellectual curiosity
- Ambition, motivation, and drive to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-performance and collegial work environment
About Sawaya Partners
Since 2001, Sawaya Partners has earned a reputation in the marketplace for integrity, success and a high completion rate. Our team of accomplished bankers offers an enterprising professional a challenging and rewarding work experience. Each one of us is able to flourish in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and rewards personal initiative. Because of the firm’s small size, our junior bankers receive unparalleled exposure to our prestigious client base and to our senior bankers, while concurrently developing their transactional expertise. We encourage our professionals to accelerate their career development by assuming as much responsibility as possible while contributing to our continuing growth.
Learn more at www.sawayapartners.com