Analyst, Financial Advisory
ICONIQ Capital is a privately held investment firm that serves some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We are a trusted advisor and thought partner, facilitating meaningful strategic relationships across investment opportunities, family governance and global impact. With over 260 people across San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, and Singapore, ICONIQ provides financial advisory and family office services, and manages direct investments, with a focus on technology growth equity, venture capital, and real estate.
OPEN POSITION: ANALYST, FINANCIAL ADVISORY
The Financial Advisory Analyst is a key member of the Family Office Client Coverage team, focused on delivering the highest level of service to clients in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. As an integral part of ICONIQ’s client focused team, Financial Advisory Analysts help strategize, plan, coordinate, and execute complex investment and wealth advisory strategies for our families. Analysts work alongside experts across a variety of disciplines including investment management & evaluation, financial market analysis, philanthropy, trust & estate planning, and tax strategy; all while developing relationships with some of the world’s most sophisticated families. The families and organizations in our network call for best-in-class problem solvers to match the high level of financial complexity that follows them.
Investment Management & Operations
• Develop a deep understanding of portfolio construction, investment solutions, and client customizations.
• Follow markets, macroeconomic trends, and evaluate their impact across asset classes and portfolios.
• Consistently monitor client portfolio allocations and manage rebalancing.
• Coordinate trading of securities and manage in-kind stock distributions from private funds.
Client Reporting & Analysis
• Prepare quarterly portfolio allocation and performance updates.
• Prepare materials to address client needs across a variety of disciplines, including: asset allocation recommendations, portfolio changes, executive compensation analysis, concentrated equity selling plans, trust & estate recommendations, estate overviews, and general financial planning.
• Perform ad-hoc analyses and provide recommended solutions.
Partnering with Third Party Advisors
• Gather, prepare and provide performance reporting and tax data to clients and accountants.
• Coordinate information gathering from and for attorneys, lenders, real estate partners, and other 3rd parties.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.2 GPA
• Passion for investments and client service
• High commitment to confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced analytical and conceptual skills
• Highly detail-oriented and thorough
• Highly motivated and intellectually curious
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Familiarity with Addepar, Salesforce, and Wealthscape programs a plus
• Required to pass the Series 65 or 66 (with existing Series 7) Investment Advisor exam within 6 months of hire
• Authorization to work permanently in the U.S
COMPENSATION is highly competitive to top financial services firms
LOCATION: San Francisco or New York
Please submit your resume and a cover letter* through your campus job portal.
*In your cover letter, please include why you are interested, what it is about investing that interests you, and identify the line on your resume that brings you the most pride and/or best exhibits your passion.