Helpdesk/ Computer Systems Support Administrator I
IDA is an independent, non-profit, federally-funded research and development center that provides objective analyses to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies.
Are you looking to advance your career in IT? We are looking for a self-starter who can leverage new technologies/languages to improve the end-user experience and drive productivity across the company. You will enjoy working with state of the art technology in a number of critical business areas, such as human resources, business intelligence, security, web portal design, business continuity, enterprise search, finance, etc.
The Computer Systems Support Administrator is the first line of resolution for all technical inquiries from IDA staff members. We are seeking an individual that is technically savy and customer service oriented. The Computer Systems Support Administrator provides technical and operational support of computers, peripherals, endpoints and audio visual systems. Troubleshoots and resolves problems with limited scope. Provides technical and operational support in the implementation of IT programs and project initiatives. Adheres to IT best practices, corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
- Responds to Helpdesk Requests and Change Requests following standard operating practices and procedures (SOP). Troubleshoots and resolves operational deficiencies in operating systems and application software. Provides technical support and user assistance for multiplatform endpoint systems, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking and conference support.
- Provides operational support performing a range of administrative tasks, including warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting SOP problem resolution guides, conference support schedules, IT inventory processing and maintaining the tape/disk library and media libraries for offsite storage.
- Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
- Maintains all systems to meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the IT Service Desk Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and one year of relevant experience performing IT functions; OR, three years of relevant IT experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory account creations and Active Directory permissions.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, network cabling, wireless, and remote access methodologies.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with general to no supervision.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification within six (6) month of hire.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.