Program Security Officer II - SCIF
Under limited supervision, administers all aspects of security for IDA SAC/STPI Special Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) to include physical, cyber, personnel security along with security operations and administration and acts as a partner to the Centers in their SCIF program. Provides technical and operational support in the implementation of security plans and periodic review and maintenance of program security documentation to ensure compliance with all federal security regulations that apply to the IDA SCIF. Protects, maintains, and tracks Communications Security (COMSEC) materials and equipment. May lead specific activities within ongoing SCIF operations and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Security: executes all aspects of security for IDA SAC/STPI SCIFs including:
- Physical security - alarms, entry and exit logging, facilities checklists, compliance with SCIF requirements for accreditation
- Cyber security - designing and ensuring proper execution of cyber security processes and procedures, and coordination of any SCIF cyber investigations.
- Personnel security functions, as needed - maintenance of SCIF visitor/access control functions; receiving and passing clearances from/to non-IDA SCIF facilities and providing escort and courier duties as needed.
- Security operations:
- Monitoring of construction or modification to SCIF facilities
- Conducting Security Education, Training and Awareness (SETA) programs.
- Serving as a Trusted Agent, authorized to conduct uploads and downloads on classified system(s)
- Acting as Human Reviewer for material and exiting or entering the SCIF
- Tracking distribution, circulation, and reproduction, of all materials produced, released, and stored involving SCI and SAP matters; ensuring the proper logging classification, authorization check, and tracking systems are followed.
- Working with Corporate Program Security Officer (CPS)), may conduct investigation of losses and security violations; recommends corrective action.
- Liaison with outside agencies; informs management of all security activities
Compliance: supports efforts to ensure IDA is compliant with all Federal security regulations that apply to SCIFs.
- Tracks updates and changes to pertinent security rules and regulations, such as ICD 705, that may impact IDA SCIF accreditation and notifies ACPSO.
- Liaises and maintains relationships with accrediting agency staff to ensure IDA is aware of prepared for inspections or upcoming rules changes.
- Works with ACPSO to maintain and track IDA SCIF/SAP certifications and accreditations and other documentation required by DIA and other US Government agencies.
- Under direction of ACPSO, collaborates with IDA Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) or Officer (ISSO) staff to ensure that all classified information technology systems within the SCIF are accredited, maintained and disestablished as needed.
- Ensures SCIF infrastructure, e.g., networks, systems, facility and countermeasures are in compliance with TEMPEST standards for SCIF accreditation.
COMSEC Custodian: Protects, maintains, and tracks Communications Security materials and equipment.
- Serves as COMSEC custodian; protects maintains, and tracks materials and equipment as required by NSA and DIA. Controls access and distributions based on clearance and need to know basis.
- Conducts inventories on all COMSEC materials including hardware and keying material.
Serves as alternate Point of Contact during ACPSO absences for IDA staff and US Government SCIF Certification and Accreditation authorities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and four years of a combination of SCIF and general security experience in an Intelligence Community (IC) environment OR High School Diploma and 4 years of SCIF experience.
- Extensive experience with DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) security regulations and policies.
- Working knowledge of certification and accreditation processes for classified computer systems, and familiar with the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) roles.
- Must have or able to obtain within 6 months of hire, DoD 8570.01-M certification at IAT level 2 such as CompTIA Security +.
- Proficient in a range of common Office Automation other software applications.
- This position is Mission Critical and employee may be required to work in dismissal or closure situations due to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, or other emergency situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to exercise discretion and judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and deal with all levels of staff, management and senior Government officials.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility with CI polygraph preferred. Must be able to obtain and maintain CI polygraph and obtain eligibility for access to Special Access Program information.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.