Disney Hospitality Leadership Program Internship - Animal, Science and Environment
Disney Hospitality Leadership Program - Animal Science Environment Operations Management Intern, Spring 2022
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our Animal, Sciences and Environment Operations Management Interns oversee an educational operation with a focus on Guest service and an emphasis on inspiring our Guests to take action to benefit animals and the environment.
In this 12 MONTH internship, you will monitor operations, which include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Guest facing animal locations. You will also ensure Walt Disney World standards and leadership behaviors while continually working to provide exceptional guest service.
This internship does not have any direct animal contact. All daily animal husbandry and care is provided by our Animal Keeper staff.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What you bring to the role…
- Minimum six months demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of the animal, sciences and environment industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills
Currently earning a college/university degree as a minimum of a Junior in Education, Biology, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Conservation, or Environmental Studies
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 - January 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing and transportation.