Teacher Elementary Long Term Substitute - Laurel Elementary School
Information specific to this position: This position will begin as soon as possible and potentially may extend past October 29, 2021.
Work calendar days: 186 days
Duration of position: One Semester Only
Benefits include: PERA retirement
Will be paid the long-term substitute rate of $155.00/day
The substitute must have a valid Colorado teaching license with same endorsement as classroom's regular teacher.
SUMMARY: Responsible for instructing elementary level students in appropriate subject areas in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement:
- Course content, format, structure, and schedule
- Individualized programs of instruction for students.
- Classroom materials and curriculum.
- Lesson plans and learning activities.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
3. Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
4. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and well-being of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
5. Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the
data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
6. Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
- With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes.
- With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to:
- Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
- Include and engage families in the student’s education.
- Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Provide personal and professional excellence
10. Participate in:
- Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions.
- Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
- Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
- Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required. • Experience instructing students in a classroom setting preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS: • Criminal background check required for hire. • Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required. • CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org