Financial Interns – Accounting, Controlling, Tax
Financial Intern – Accounting, Controlling, Tax
What to Expect:
Our Accounting, Controlling, and Tax departments are currently seeking interns for the summer of 2022 at our North American headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA. The following internship positions are available:
Accounting/Finance: The Accounting intern observes and works with experienced senior level staff to gain knowledge in the areas of General Accounting, Transactional Accounting, Product Costing, and External Reporting. In addition, this role may also spend a portion of time within the Finance & Insurance group supporting Treasury and other F&I functions.
Controlling: The Controlling intern is primarily responsible for conducting various financial analyses in support of individual business units or business processes. Also assists with ongoing special projects requiring financial analysis support.
Tax: The Tax intern is assigned specific tax responsibilities to complete including assisting the tax team with ongoing compliance and contributing to the completion of income, sales and use, property, and other relative business tax projects.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program.
· Actively enrolled full-time in a Bachelor degree program pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Overall GPA of at least 3.30.
· Completion of your sophomore year by May 2022.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals.
· Demonstrate strong PC skills including a basic understanding of Microsoft Office products – Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
· Ability to meet specific deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Please note on the application form if you have a particular interest in one or more of the individual departments above. Otherwise, you will be considered for all of the open positions.
· This position is not eligible for relocation or housing costs.
The internship opportunities at Covestro may lead into reoccurring internship opportunities and/or full-time job opportunities based on business needs, evaluation and performance.