GAO Analyst Internship (Spring 2022 ) - GS-7/9
Come join GAO - consistently rated one of the 'best places to work" in the federal government! As an independent, nonpartisan agency that works for Congress, we help improve how government functions. This position will be available in person or remote. Successful completion of the internship can lead to conversion to a permanent position pending availability.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, you MUST apply through USAJOBS. Applications submitted through Handshake cannot be reviewed.
As a GAO intern, you will learn how to conduct federal audits and program evaluations and apply that knowledge as part of a team. You will assist GAO analysts in planning and conducting in-depth reviews of executive and legislative branch programs. You will collect appropriate data, analyze the data, develop data-based findings and conclusions, and present the information both orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
Specific duties include:
- Planning, prioritizing, and/or balancing own work assignments, identifying feasible work management approaches that address required activities and timelines.
- Developing, identifying, contributing to, and/or using techniques, tools, and processes that are methodologically sound and targeted to job requirements.
- Collecting relevant information that is aligned with objectives/planning decisions and meets needs.
- Conducting analyses that yield quality information aligned with needs; identifying relevant information, patterns/inconsistencies, relationships, interdependencies, and potential implication.
- Preparing quality written work that meets relevant writing and evidence standards, and that is appropriately targeted to the audience and purpose.
- Communicating relevant and accurate information during formal or informal presentations, meetings, or interviews.
- Partnering or collaborating with others to address issues or solve problems; following up with others to ensure needs are met.
- Contributing to team efforts through participation in activities/meetings, soliciting and listening to others’ opinions, and working collaboratively to accomplish team goals.
- Soliciting, listening to, and considering diverse perspectives, approaches, or viewpoints, and incorporating others’ perspectives into decision-making (when appropriate).
See Vacancy Announcement for additional information.