Public Health Nurse III - OBCM/CMHRP High Risk Pregnancies
Exciting Public Health Nursing employment opportunity with the ability to make a positive impact in the community: This posting if for one full time OBCM/CMHRP Case Management Nurse position.
The Public Health Nurse, under general supervision, provides advanced level of primary and preventive professional nursing work to individuals and families served by Alamance County programs. Independently demonstrates and implements techniques of professional nursing work and counsel for promotion of health, prevention of disease and protection of the health of the public. Functions as a part of a multidisciplinary Care Management Team. Assists in data collection and review associated with clinics and projects. Work is performed in accordance with the North Carolina Nurse Practice Act, agency regulations, program policies, provider orders and evidence-based public health nursing practice. Work is accomplished through clinic assignments, home visits, project assignments or contact with community providers and agencies. Employee must have strong understanding of public health concepts, nursing theory and practice. Employee must apply critical thinking skills ensuring orders, policies and procedures are followed. Interprets and implements public health laws, regulations and policies related to specific programs as they affect individuals, families and population systems. Candidate should possess thorough understanding of and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs; thorough knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health; considerable knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed; general knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health.
Public Health is responsible for preparedness activities in the event of a natural disaster, disease outbreaks and other threats to the health of the public. Individuals in this role will be required to participate in preparedness response activities which may include mass vaccination clinics, sheltering and or dispensing medications from the Strategic National Stockpile.
Posting has been extended. Position is open until filled.
Position's hiring range is $42,923.00 - $57,687.00
OBCM position provides 100% OBCM/CMHRP Case Management services. Services are provided for eligible pregnant Medicaid recipients who are determined to be at risk for poor birth outcomes.
- Assesses, plans, facilities, care coordinates, evaluates and provides patient support to address health care and preventative service needs of pregnant and postpartum women.
- Provides Care Coordination focused on coordination of the patients’ medical, nutritional, educational, social and emotional needs with private and community resources to promote healthy pregnancy outcomes.
- Conducts community, physician practices and patient home visits are required for meeting program measures.
- Functions as a part of a multidisciplinary Care Management Team providing support and leadership on occasion to more medically complex patients and as needed will serve as a nursing resource to other non-nurse team members. As part of the team, the nurse must be familiar with and aim to achieve the programmatic goals set forth by the prepaid health plans and State Medicaid.
- Performs additional duties as required by the Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Director, Medical Director and Health Director.
- As a part of routine duties, this position will also be responsible and required to: utilize multiple electronic medical records and State electronic systems, collect, review, assemble and report program data to supervisor, and assist supervisor with orientation and training of new staff as well as assisting student learners.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Compassion - Ability to show kindness, empathy and genuine care.
- Honesty - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Integrity – Trustworthiness to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility or pledge
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to following policies and procedures.
- Safety-Minded – Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities.
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others successfully and productively for the common cause and desired end goal.
Skills & Abilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Nursing: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and two years of Public Health nursing experience; or a Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and three years of professional nursing experience including two years of Public Health nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Valid N.C. driver's license and be able to maintain a safe driving history as defined by the County's vehicle use policy. Candidate must have access to a personal vehicle. License to practice as a registered nurse in NC (if nurse applicant).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and experience with Maternal-Infant Health/Pediatrics preferred. Fluent in both Spanish and English both oral and written preferred.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs. or less O
11-20 lbs. O
21-50 lbs. O
51-100 lbs. O
Over 100 lbs. N
12 lbs. or less F
13-25 lbs. O
26-40 lbs. O
41-100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
•Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral)
Work is preferred in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredictable requirements or demands.