REGISTERED NURSE II
Headquarters negotiable with Upstate Region (Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, and Spartanburg)
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
- Assists with planning, site set-up and site tear-down of vaccination events in the health department setting and at mass community clinics. Serves as the RN expert at vaccine clinics.
- Coordinate and work with teams on Immunization community outreach processes to schedule clinics and mass events.
- Utilizes the nursing process, assesses the health of individuals and develops and revises care plans. Reviews immunization status, administers vaccines per standing orders.
- Orders, stores and processes vaccine in accordance with DHEC policy and procedures.
- Documents care provided in accordance with agency policy/procedure.
- Provides follow-up care as needed in the clinic or community setting.
Participates in team conferences and continuing education. Conducts Immunization-related community outreach and education.
Continuous Quality Improvement: Audit paper and electronic programmatic and agency documentation from vaccination clinics to assure staff (nursing + admin) document appropriately.
Serves as a Registered Nurse in immunizations clinics. Serves as a Registered Nurse for Epi Case Investigations as needed.
- Community Testing: collects specimens across the Upstate Region as directed to response activities.
Other duties as assigned.