Administrative Assistant-Vital Records
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork and Embracing Service
Under supervision of the vital records site supervisor, function as Customer Service Representative in assisting on-site customers for vital records services in the Division of Vital Records; performs related customer service activities including acceptability of information, entitlement of requested documents, receipt and accountability of fees, issuance of documents; initiation of amendments including affidavits of correction , paternity acknowledgments, legitimations, court orders and establishing delayed birth certificates.
1. Assists customers in the completion of applications for certified copies of vital events. Following established policies, screens applications for necessary information and entitlement to documents; issues certified copies of vital records; advises when discrepancies are apparent on original documents or when no record is found.
2. Enters data from application into electronic vital records system. Follows established policies regarding security paper and collection and receipting of fees. Reconciles any discrepancies to ensure strict accountability for audit purposes.
3. Following established policies initiate amendments by affidavits of correction, paternity acknowledgments, legitimations, and court orders; initiates the establishment of delayed certificates.
4. Assists in a variety of assigned clerical and office maintenance duties including but not limited to filing, organizing, occasional cleaning, etc.
5. Performs other duties as assigned