Private Equity Summer Analyst
Rosewood Private Investments is seeking a highly qualified undergraduate intern for Summer 2022. This position will work closely with every member of the team at RPI. Primarily, the position will focus on research, initial deal evaluation, and administrative tasks. There will also be opportunities to gain exposure to deal execution and portfolio monitoring. In addition to transaction-focused work, the intern will assist in the day-to-day operations of RPI’s various systems and reporting.
A qualified candidate will have a strong desire to work in private equity and will be eager to learn about various types of businesses in a variety of industries. Candidates with a background in finance, economics, or accounting are encouraged to apply. We expect qualified candidates to have a strong attention to detail with a solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, inquisitive, and will work diligently on assigned tasks.
The position will be a paid, full-time internship and we request that candidates commit to a full 40 hours of work per week and live in Dallas, TX during the summer.
- Participate in the initial evaluation of investment opportunities and communication of relevant characteristics of the opportunities to the rest of the investment team
- Help to analyze relevant data in order to prepare quantitative and qualitative analyses of prospective investments
- Assist in the process for gathering and organizing information related to industry trends, technology developments, corporate announcements, government regulations, etc.
- Help to maintain a database of industry participants including operating companies, executives, consultants, intermediaries, capital providers, trade associations and lobbyists
- Identify and research companies and industry professionals attending certain industry events that RPI will also be attending
- Excellent analytical and research abilities coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of financial statements, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized, motivated, and focused with the ability to meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to converse with high-level managers or business owners