Product Support Intern
The Manufacturing Sciences Product Support Intern will assist in a variety of product support, development, and improvement activities within Operations. The position is intended to be an opportunity for a science undergraduate to obtain hands-on industry experience in experiment design, execution, analysis, and reporting through presentation and technical writing while contributing to the overall expansion efforts within Operations.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in design and development of In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device manufacturing processes and procedures in accordance with cGMP, ISO13485, and FDA guidelines.
- Provide technical and product support to Operations.
- Perform investigative testing and analysis.
- Conduct bench level experiments to identify problems and determine root cause.
- Clearly and accurately generate experimental protocols and summarize activities through technical summary or investigative reports.
- Review and compile historical data.
- Work collaboratively with Production, R&D, Quality Engineering, Regulatory, Supply Chain, and other cross-functional areas, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 20% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.