Investment Banking – Healthcare, Associate
The company's Banking Division provides corporate and investment banking coverage, sponsor coverage, advisory and solutions, and loan capital markets/syndicate to the company's client base of leading international corporations, financial institutions, and public sector entities in the US and Canada.
Banking supports client business activities throughout the region with an extensive range of capital markets and lending capabilities and an integrated team of coverage, advisory, and product bankers responsible for client relationship management and strategic transaction development to execute banking and securities mandates and originate idea generation for potential acquisitions, divestitures, and investment opportunities.
U.S. Investment Banking Associates are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring, and execution of mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance, and other global products and services for existing and prospective company clients. An Associate is expected to understand the implications, identify key industry and product trends and provide input on pitch and deal materials to enhance the ultimate deliverable to our clients.
Associates are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Conduct extensive quantitative economic, industry, and company research and analysis
- Draft and prepare pitch books with detailed industry materials for multiple healthcare sectors
- Conduct and model a broad range of corporate finance alternatives and due diligence for client transactions including M&A, strategic alternatives, capital structure development, acquisition finance, and syndicated loan and capital market financing
- Financial modeling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses, and market-specific analysis
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions development across a broad platform of global capabilities
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, public/private debt & equity capital markets, syndicated bank financing, and other internal documentation by coordinating internal and external resources
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence, and execution
- Assist in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics and a minimum of 3 years investment banking, corporate finance, and capital markets experience with a top tier global bank OR an MBA concentrating on Finance or Economics
- Strong interest and understanding of the Healthcare industry; experience with banking transactions related to the Healthcare industry is a huge plus
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets, and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity and good judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment