Child Nutrition Team Member - Fort Collins High School
Information specific to this position: Hours for this position are 10:00am - 2:30pm.
Rate of pay: $14.02 - $16.82/hour based on qualifications and experience*
Work calendar days: 178 days
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: PERA retirement, paid time off
*Pay rate/salary is determined based on qualifications and experience relevant to the job description requirements. Full pay range may be found on the appropriate salary schedule. Employees hired new into a position are rarely qualified to receive maximum of the pay range.
SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing and serving a full range of food for school meals under minimal direct supervision. Assist with all aspects of production and service of meals including cooking, line setup, replenishment, and operating point of sale system including cash collection. Clean all food preparation and service areas; label, date, and store leftover food. Clean kitchen equipment, surfaces, and floors. Comply with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. Display exceptional customer service skills.
Description of Job Tasks Frequency
1. Assist with meal preparation by cooking, pre-portioning, setting up serving lines, condiment stands, and fruit and vegetable bar. Prepare food items according to recipes and menus. Control food and kitchen waste. Maintain daily production records accurately.
2. Serve food and provide customer service and communication to students, staff, and community.
3. Clean kitchen equipment, utensils, work areas, tables, floors, and appliances. Properly maintain equipment. Empty kitchen trash and recycling containers. Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
4. Operate point of sale system including preparation and processing of accurate payments, day end reports and money deposits; verify correct amount of change in cash box daily.
5. Properly receive, check-in and store food and equipment from warehouse and vendors. Maintain, date, and label food for storage. Perform inventories as scheduled and assist manager with food and supply orders.
6. Maintain compliance with Health Department standards, including high standards of sanitation and safety. Adhere to state, federal and department guidelines, safety procedures, departmental policies, and regulations.
7. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner according to established schedules.
8. Attend all required departmental trainings.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • High school diploma or GED • Previous institutional food service experience preferred • Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS: • Criminal background check required for hire • ServSafe certification
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org