INTERNAL ONLY Teacher Secondary Social Studies-Timnath Middle/High School
Information specific to this position: New Timnath MS/HS Implementation Team – Please see additional information below. Only current non-probationary Poudre School District licensed employees will be considered for this position; please do not apply if you are not eligible.
Work calendar days: 186
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Pay for this position is determined by the Licensed Educator Salary Schedule based on years of experience and education.
The applicant chosen for this position will serve on the Timnath Middle-High School (TMHS) Implementation Team during the 2021-2022 school year. This person will continue to work in their current job assignment at their school while attending evening work sessions for TMHS to support the development of the vision, culture, and programming of the new school. This person will serve as the content expert for Social Studies in support of program development for the 2022-23 school year. Evening work sessions will occur weekly in the fall (beginning in October) and as needed throughout the school year. Implementation team members will be compensated at the non-instructional hourly rate.
The applicant chosen will have a 100% position at TMHS teaching middle school or high school classes, or a combination of both, in Social Studies during the 2022-23 school year. Final job assignments will be determined after additional staff is hired in the spring.
Timeline: Position will be posted 9/1/2021 through 9/16/2021 at 11:59pm. Selected candidates will be invited to answer preliminary questions via video (SparkHire) 9/17/21 through 9/21/21. In-person interviews with selected candidates take place on 9/27/2021 in the afternoon. Candidates interviewing during the school day must use their own PTO leave time.
Must have a valid Colorado Educator's License with appropriate endorsement.
Responsible for instructing secondary level students in appropriate subject area in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement:
a. Course content, format, structure, and schedule.
b. Individualized programs of instruction for students.
c. Classroom materials and curriculum.
d. Lesson plans and learning activities.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations
3. Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
4. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
5. Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
6. Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress, needs, and eligibility with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
a. With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes.
b. With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to:
a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
b. Include and engage families in the student’s education.
c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
10. Participate in:
a. Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions.
b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
d. Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: • Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required. • Experience instructing students in a classroom setting preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, or CERTIFICATIONS: • Criminal background check required for hire. • Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required. • CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to email@example.com