Finance Intern – Summer 2022
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite – especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within established financial best practices
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Detail-oriented and proactive personality with the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong "we’ll figure it out" attitude and ability to do independent research to solve problems
The Finance Intern works closely with team members across various finance functions, including accounting, accounts payable & receivable, financial reporting, treasury, and financial systems (ERPs). In this role, interns make full use of their financial and technical communication skills and learn new tips and tricks along the way.
- Assist with financial forecasting, modeling, and analysis
- Prepare multiple finance reports on data sets
- Assist with the preparation of accounting journals & reports
- Prepare and review payables & receivables transactions
- Troubleshoot transactions in financial systems
- Support treasury with cash management, reconciliation & reporting
- Lead special research projects
- Complete finance-related projects and ad hoc requests
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.