Intern, Communications (2022 Cleveland Guardians)
Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Indians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist the Cleveland Indians Communications and Community Impact Department with public relations efforts, including but not limited to, press releases, Indians.com, email marketing, social media, and event activation.
The job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner on comprehensive social media strategy and assist in execution on Cleveland Indians and Community Impact
- social channels
- Assist with writing and distribution of press releases, media advisories and blogs
- Work with Player Relations & Alumni Relations team on stories from events/programs for social content
- Analyze Indians.com pages to determine proper placement of all content to optimize user experience and revenue
- Manage and support email marketing
- Assist in monitoring and tracking of engagement metrics on all social content for relevant departments
- Research and analysis of communications efforts utilizing applications in partnership with Coordinator, Digital Products
- Monitor other teams Community Impact digital media trends and innovations – i.e. email marketing, website data/content/analysis, etc. -- to ensure Indians digital media efforts (non-social media) are incorporating best practices
- Populate Communications calendar
- Media content monitoring and tracking
- Perform other Communications, Community Impact duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or obtaining a degree in marketing, communication, journalism, sports management, business administration,
- or related field
- General knowledge of Indians baseball preferred and intimate knowledge of baseball generally, past and present required
- Proficient in Social Media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Interest in community outreach, social impact/advocacy
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to create digital media strategies
- Proficient in E-Commerce Marketing and digital analysis tools -- Adobe Marketing Suite and Omniture experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer/Google Chrome
- Filming and video editing preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Home game duties as necessary to perform job responsibilities and duties listed above
- Excellent oral communication Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reads, speaks, comprehends and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Indians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with multicultural populations and have a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 55 lbs.