Machine Learning Research Intern (Fall 2021)
Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. Every intern experience at IQVIA is unique and with our dedicated Early Talent Team here to take care of you, each intern will experience an inclusive intern community, fireside chats with executives, lunch & learns with various business units, access to our Employee Resource Groups, mentorship, skill shares, end of season presentations and much more!
Join the IQVIA Intern Program today!
We are looking for MS and Ph.D. students (preferably in their senior years) majored in Statistics, Biostatistics, Health Data Science, or similar quantitative areas to join Biostatistics & Decision Sciences team at IQVIA as research intern to leverage IQVIA’s vast amount of trial and real-world patient-level health data with machining learning methodology, to optimize patient population selection in future clinical trials.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Validate and improve existing subgroup identification algorithms in software utilizing existing literature, as well as develop new algorithms.
• Write well documented manual for methodology and application of algorithms
• If there are good research results, opportunity for journal publication and conference presentation.
• Concrete understanding of machine learning algorithms, particularly classification and predictive modeling algorithms.
• Proficiency in programming languages and packages such as R, SAS, Python, C++, MATLAB, etc. (preferably R and SAS).
• Academic paper writing skills.
• Interest in applying AI/ML to health care industry
Masters or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Health Data Science, or similar quantitative areas
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.