At CONMED, Packaging Engineers work to ensure that our diverse offering of medical device products are packaged in a way that maintains safety, quality, and sterilization. The work of our Packaging Engineers directly contributes to the accessibility and reliability of our products for our health care customers around the world.
We are seeking a talented and driven Packaging Engineer I to join the CONMED Advanced Engineering team. This engineer will have immediate opportunities to contribute to ongoing sustaining, and new product packaging initiatives working alongside other experienced Packaging Engineers, as well as cross-functionally with manufacturing, project management, R&D, procurement, regulatory, marketing, quality and operations team members.
This is an excellent entry level opportunity for an engineering graduate seeking a role with accountability and a path to advance within a growing international medical device company based out of Largo, FL, with multiple manufacturing and design sites across the US.
As a CONMED Packaging Engineer I, you will have accountability and responsibility for a variety of duties, including:
- Design, implement and continuously optimize packaging designs and operations processes for mechanical function, manufacturability and efficiency
- Perform in-process packaging systems engineering tasks, such as creating new package systems to transport product during external process or intra-plant processing
- Develop designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas
- Analyze, develop and validate optimized and effective sealing processes and equipment through use of design of experiment (DOE) disciplines and evaluating the results in accordance to industry standards
- Prepare equipment validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) protocols and reports for all sealing platforms in an FDA regulated environment.
- Lead and/or participate in design review meetings
- Select packaging components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Liaison with R&D, manufacturing and supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of raw materials and suppliers
- Determine packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal and regulatory requirements, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling and tampering
- Identify, review and evaluate new packaging technology for application to current and future product design
- Create and present progress reports on projects
This role requires a driven and responsible team player who can think creatively while keeping business objectives front of mind. If you enjoy working in a cross-functional, fast paced, LEAN environment, and working in a regulated industry with tangible machines, processes and products, we invite you to apply for consideration!
- Bachelor of Science degree required. Major in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or a related field strongly preferred
- 0-2 years packaging engineering work experience
- Ability to use problem solving skills to improve line efficiencies on a day to day basis preferred
- Knowledge of standards, Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) and test methods used in the medical device industry preferred
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) preferred
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.