Client Delivery/Onboarding Intern (Fall Recruitment)
Responsilities & Qualifications
CareFirst runs a year-round internship program. The ideal candidate is someone who can commit to work throughout the year – part-time up to 15-20 hours in the Spring/Fall AND full-time 40 hours in the Summer.
The intern position resides within the Client Onboarding Team at CareFirst. This team is responsible for the implementation of new business and National/Premier accounts as well as managing projects across the client delivery & strategic solutions department. The position will focus on assisting with implementation tasks for new business, improving implementation process efficiencies, and managing projects impacting client onboarding and the client delivery & strategic solutions department. We are looking for a student who is interested in working in a team environment but is also able to work independently on specific projects and initiatives that will allow for continuous learning and the ability to make an impact on the department and organization.
- Assist with tasks associated with implementing new clients including auditing benefit information, tracking benefit changes, requesting marketing materials, pulling contracts & paperwork, updating internal systems (SalesForce), and measuring implementation success.
- Assist and lead in managing projects to improve implementation efficiencies, develop & document standard operating procedures (SOP’s), create workflows and conduct process mapping sessions, and auditing existing onboarding resources & SOP’s.
- Develop an understanding of the health insurance industry including benefit & mandate requirements for fully insured, self-insured, and Medicare Advantage groups. Gain and/or enhance skills in project management, Microsoft Excel, presentation, reporting, and healthcare benefits.
Education Level: This position requires an individual working towards at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University.
Experience: Junior or Senior Undergraduate student targeting majors in Healthcare Management, Project Management and/or Business related studies with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above.
Knowledge Skills Abilities (KSA's):
- Advanced Excel experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint) and the Internet.
Department: Client Delivery/Onboarding
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship