Remote Fall Internship - Contract Specialist
CMS is seeking college juniors, seniors, and grad students – any major may apply! This internship may be extended for up to 2 years – allowing for flexible schedule options that can change by semester. After graduation, the intern may be offered a permanent position with excellent growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
- Eager to award contracts that touch the lives of over 135 million Americans!
- Enjoys writing, researching, and problem-solving
- Possesses excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Is self-motivated, eager to learn and and excited by challenges
- Interested in daily collaboration and partnering with others across many different internal and external offices
About the role:
Contract Specialists are responsible for writing, negotiating, awarding, and monitoring contracts between CMS and external contractors. The Contract Specialist position encompasses the administration of contracts for services, materials, and equipment associated with health administration, health research, regulatory compliance, human services administration, test evaluation, health operations, and or production activities of one or more HHS organizations.
$15.47 - $26.33 per hour
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. For more information on locality and pay scales, please visit here.
Learn more about the critical work behind federal contracting here.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Apply by 8/10/22!