Intern - Office of DC Councilmember Brooke Pinto
About Councilmember Brooke Pinto: Brooke Pinto was sworn in as the Councilmember for Ward 2 on June 27, 2020, becoming the youngest member elected to the Council of the District of Columbia in history, and the first woman to represent Ward 2. During her swearing in ceremony, Councilmember Pinto pledged to uphold the values of integrity, transparency, and accountability. She also affirmed her belief that “government not only can use its resources to improve lives, but it has the moral obligation to do so.”
The Intern Position: The intern will work with the constituent services and communications team to serve the constituents of Ward 2. The intern will research and respond to constituent services requests and coordinate with the communications team on the development of content for outreach. This is a paid internship and will be limited to approximately 10-15 hours/ week for 8-12 weeks.
Duties may include:
- Researching constituent services issues.
- Responding to inquiries from constituents and corresponding with District agencies.
- Assisting in the development of weekly social media calendars based on legislative and social themes and monitor of site engagement.
- Drafting social media posts and identifying material that can be shared.
- Drafting parts of the weekly newsletter.
- Clipping videos from hearings and legislative sessions