Data Engineer Intern
Garda Capital Partners LP (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 18 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Copenhagen, and Singapore.
Garda is looking to hire a Data Engineer Intern to be a part of our Research and Technology (R&T) team based out of our New York or Wayzata offices, for Summer 2023. This is an exciting position offering opportunities to gain exposure to data management and processing at a global hedge fund.
- Assist in developing and maintaining stable data pipeline to support Garda’s trading and business activities
- Aid in the onboarding and processing of interesting new data sets, working with developers, traders, and portfolio managers across the organization
- Develop a keen understanding of the data and how it is being utilized in our systems, analytics, and investment process
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance
- Experience programming in Python, C#, Java, or C++
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about programming and technology
- Interest in financial trading industry
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy, time sensitive team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills