Communicable Disease Specialist 2 (Gainesville, GA)
Salary: $34,973.63 - $42,819.00
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the entire population as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we're seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Communicable Disease Specialist 2. This position is located within District 2 in Gainesville, GA.
Won't you join us?
- Assists in the implementation of timely disease intervention strategies to decrease the prevalence of communicable diseases.
- Performs investigations, data collection and analysis, and interpretation.
- Performs reporting and surveillance activities.
- Prepares documentation of all communicable disease case investigations occurring within the district.
- Provides case management services, eg home visits, clinic referrals, patient education/counseling, etc to clients with various communicable diseases such as sexually transmitted diseases, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, pertussis, rubella, hepatitis, etc.
- Provides direct diagnostic and therapeutic services for public health clients both in the clinic and field setting.
- Provides educational programs, seminars and in-service training sessions to enhance public understanding of various communicable diseases.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND Six months of related experience
Associate's degree from an accredited college AND Two years of experience in a related area
Four years of experience in a medical related field
licensure as a registered nurse AND One year of nursing experience
One year of experience at the lower level (HCP080) position equivalent.
- Spanish Speaking