Student Assistant V
Student Assistant V
Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health
Position Number: 786736
Nature of Work
The Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health is seeking a part-time Student Assistant V for Native WYSE CHOICES, a study assessing the effectiveness of a mobile phone app in preventing alcohol-exposed pregnancies among urban American Indian and Alaska Native young women. The person in this position will contribute to social media outreach and partnerships. This position will be 10 hours a week.
Public health, maternal and child health, health promotion, preventive health
This position will be supervised by the Project Director.
Examples of Work Performed
This is a student assistant position that will work alongside faculty and project team members to complete tasks in the following areas:
- Creating social media content designed to engage urban AIAN young women and to build trust in the project’s social media presence.
- Supporting collaboration and partnership with AIAN-serving organizations nationally through social media partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of health equity, health disparities, or social justice issues
- Ability to creatively design social media outreach strategies for research and community engagement.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team based-setting and also function effectively on an independent basis.
- A basic knowledge of substance use and sexual risk behavior among youth and young adults, especially among underserved populations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 months minimum experience working with Canva to create social media messaging focused on underserved communities (paid or unpaid)
- Knowledge of how to present of quantitative data in social media for multiple audiences.
- Experience working with AIAN communities or populations, especially in research.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $20.00/hr.
The compensation of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
Complete applications, including a cover letter, resume, and list of references, must be received by noon on August 12, 2022, for consideration.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.