Behavior Interventionist - Brandon Middle School - Contracted through EduStaff
POSITION: Behavior Interventionist (through EduStaff)
LOCATION: Brandon Middle School
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or Michigan Teacher Certification. Demonstrated training and/or experience preferred.
• Provide supplemental assistance for at-risk students to achieve and demonstrate positive academic behaviors in a small-group or individual setting as directed by the school administrator. • Use assessments and data to differentiate appropriate support in accordance with the academic behavioral needs of eligible students.
• Maintain records of eligible student support and progress.
• Report progress to principal weekly.
• Establish effective rapport with pupils that supports learning and a sense of physical and emotional safety.
• Motivate pupils to develop skills, attitude, and knowledge necessary for personal growth.
• Work cooperatively with staff, administrators, and parents relative to the needs of students with behavioral challenges.
• Communicate positively, clearly, and accurately both orally and in written form.
• Reflect thoughtfully on maintaining continual growth and improvement in the performance of duties.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Engage in continuous professional growth.
• Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
WORKDAY/WEEK: School Year Calendar 6.5 hours/day (7:20 am – 2:20 pm)
STARTING DATE: ASAP
COMPENSATION: $30.00 to $35.00/hour depending on qualifications (through EduStaff)
POSTING DATE: August 4, 2022