Product Analyst Intern - Summer 2023
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
High-performance proprietary development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry. We place a high premium on defining, developing, and deploying high-performance trading software using a team-based, holistic development approach. We look for passionate team members that excel and their contribution is critical to our continued success.
Our Intel focus is to deliver high-quality technology solutions to our core and affiliated groups. We strive to understand and support end-user needs, leverage data to gauge effectiveness, and advance our trading infrastructure by stabilizing all departments. The Business Intelligence team strives to ensure that properly curated data is in the hands of the people who need it. They deliver the data and tools Belvedere needs to perform complex analytics and make data-driven decisions. We look for passionate team members that excel and their contribution is critical to our continued success.
At Belvedere Trading, our Product Analyst Interns are experts in strategy, planning, and communication. They work alongside Product Managers and partner with traders, software developers, and data teams to define project requirements, prioritize effective workflows, and ensure successful deployment of new products and features. If you have a passion for technology and the financial markets, gaining experience as a Product Analyst Intern at Belvedere Trading could be the internship you’ve been waiting for.
Learn as much as you can in the meantime (here are some resources to get you started) but know our Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
What our Product Analyst Interns do
- Collaborate – Work alongside a Product Manager and partner with traders to oversee software product strategy, identify and document trading application issues and improvements, and promote the business value of our proprietary software products
- Project management – Assist with prioritizing projects for software development teams
- Communicate – Consistent and effective communication with Product Managers, Developers and Traders
- Problem Solve – Act as the first point of contact for the traders after features are deployed
- BTU – Participate in our in-house learning and development curriculum via peer-lead lectures to obtain knowledge about the fundamentals of trading and our proprietary trading systems
Key qualities in great candidates
- Team Player – Ability to have a positive commitment to the team and its goals
- Proactive – Thrives with minimal direction to create effective business solutions
- Strong Communication – Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intellectually Curious – Desire to learn from your peers and seek a deep understanding of complex problems
- Experience working in the financial industry is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024 (start date June 2023)
Women and underrepresented groups frequently apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that mold and apply. No candidate is perfect; all have a lot to offer. We welcome your application.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Any questions regarding the virtual recruiting process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during standard business hours with the ability to be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion
Amount of Travel Required: None