Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Intern - Summer 2023
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
High-performance proprietary trading and development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry.
At Belvedere Trading, Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Interns are some of the industry’s most quantitative problem solvers. We created this unique role to foster collaboration across our proprietary technology and trading teams. As a result, our Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Interns participate in a hands-on rotation between Belvedere’s trading desks and development teams. On their technology rotation, Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Interns are at the forefront of technology immersion as they learn best practices in software development. On their trading rotation, Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Interns implement the most sophisticated trading strategies and focus on projects related to trading logic development, electronic trading strategies, and quantitative research. If you love technology and financial markets, then this position might be for you.
What our Junior Quantitative Trading Analyst Interns do
- Research – Participate in quantitative research and the application of quantitative strategies while learning concepts behind our core market making operations
- Daily trading activities – Assist with order execution, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Desk strategy – Participate in strategy meetings and collaborate with your team on their position management
- Data Analysis – Perform analyses on large data sets and pull insights to support our trading strategies
- Training – Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games to quickly learn the aspects of option pricing and financial engineering, both on a theoretical level and in application with Belvedere’s various strategies
Key qualities in great candidates
- Communication – We need people who can speak confidently and concisely, especially when the stakes are high
- Analytical – We’re looking for quantitative thinkers and master problem-solvers with strong data analysis skills
- Team Player – Trading and development are not isolated activities at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments
- Curious – We'll teach you everything you need to know, but we love working with people who ask questions and are eager to get involved
- Core development skills – You will need some training or a demonstrated ability to learn programming languages such as C++, C#, and Python
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry is a plus but not a prerequisite
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024 (start date June 2023)
Women and underrepresented groups frequently apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that mold and apply. No candidate is perfect; all have a lot to offer. We welcome your application.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during business hours with the ability to be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion
Physical: Ability to remain at a desk and concentrate for long periods of time
Amount of Travel Required: None