Junior Trader - Entry Level 2023
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
High-performance proprietary trading and development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry.
At Belvedere Trading, Junior Traders are masters of critical thinking. They have a love for problem-solving and leverage our proprietary technology to make trading decisions in record time. We’re looking for graduating seniors who fit this bill. If you are the kind of person who can’t keep your eyes off the financial markets, you may have just found your dream job.
Don’t know a lot about trading? No sweat. Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
What our Junior Traders do
- Training – Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Rotations – Periodic rotations between product groups provide a broad perspective of the marketplace and Belvedere’s trading strategies
- Trade analysis – Gain an understanding of our trading systems and tools, learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of our trading, and provide feedback to continuously improve
- Improve trading systems – Collaborate with technology team members to provide iterative improvements to our proprietary trading software
- Desk strategy – Participate in strategy meetings and collaborate with your team on their position management
Key qualities in great candidates
- Communication – We need people who can speak confidently and concisely, especially when the stakes are high
- Team player – Trading is not an isolated activity at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments
- Analytical – We are looking for quantitative thinkers and master problem-solvers
- Intellectually curious – A desire to learn from your peers and seek a deep understanding of complex problems will go a long way
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry isn’t required, but it is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023 (start date of fall 2023)
Women and underrepresented groups frequently apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that mold and apply. No candidate is perfect; all have a lot to offer. We welcome your application.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during business hours with the ability to be on-site prior to the start of business on occasion
Physical: Ability to remain at a desk and concentrate for long periods of time
Amount of Travel Required: None
Sponsorship: Not available for this position